Moving from Dubai to South Korea
Moving to South Korea may be a major transition for anyone, and there’ll be plenty to think about and indurate before you head across the world.
The final thing you wish to stress about is that the logistics of a sophisticated move, especially when it involves documentation, Customs regulations and shipping services. Which is why you mustn’t need to worry about it. Instead, allow us to tackle the tough stuff for you.
Dubai Movers will make your transition to South Korea as seamless as possible, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and far more.
We’ll be there with you each and each step of your move abroad, from packing and crating your goods to shipping them overseas and assisting you thru the complicated overseas documentation process.
All you wish to try and do is give us a call so we will start with an on-site estimate. We’ll make sure of everything else. Here’s how we get the work done:
How Dubai Movers can help for moving to South Korea
To start, one amongst our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options supported certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. When does one have to be in South Korea?
- Your property plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or together with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to South Korea Cost?
For the foremost accurate estimate of your total shipment size, you must schedule an in-home survey as early as possible for your move to the Republic of Korea.
Don’t wait until the last possible moment, contact Dubai Movers today. you will not regret the choice.
After we hear from you, our moving specialists will assess your belongings to grant you the simplest estimate possible to expedite your relocation.
The cost of moving to South Korea will vary considerably supported the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination time of arrival so it’s extremely important that you simply work with an agent in order that they can offer you the foremost accurate quote.
Ready to start budgeting for your international move?
Give us a call, and do not forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
About South Korea
South Korea – officially referred to as the Republic of Korea – may be a sovereign state in East Asia making up the southern portion of the peninsula.
Around 1/2 South Korea’s population resides within the region surrounding its capital: the Seoul Capital Area, the second largest within the world with quite 25 million residents.
Ranked second in Asia on the Democracy Index, South Koreans have high civil liberties and board one among the foremost developed democracies within the world. South Korea is additionally East Asia’s highest-ranked developed country per the Human Development Index.
The country boasts the eighth-highest household income on the world and has a number of the very best quality education and healthcare. it is also the world’s highest research and development intensive country and has the fastest internet connectivity speed.
Can’t wait to induce started along with your overseas relocation to South Korea? First, learn what you will need to clear Customs.
Customs Regulations for South Korea:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Passport with identification and entry stamp (copy)
- Import declaration
- Certificate of Origin
- Inventory list (detailed)
- Certificate of Entry and Departure (for returning Koreans)
- Certificate of Alien Registration from the Korean Immigration Office
- Application for Duty Exemption (issued by the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Korea for Diplomats)
- Residence Card (from the Korean Immigration Office)
- Work Visa (that’s been valid for a year or more)
- Bill of Lading (original)
- Personal effects and household goods must arrive no later than six months after Customer’s arrival in South Korea
- Personal effects cannot be cleared until Customer has arrived in South Korea
- All visitors who enter Korea must submit a written baggage declaration to a Customs officer upon entry
- A person carrying more than $10,000 worth of any type of payment (cash, check, etc.) needs to declare it to Customs
In South Korea, some articles may not be imported in a customer’s baggage whatsoever. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Subversive material
- Treasonous material
- Counterfeit goods or materials
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in South Korea. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Real and imitation firearms, ammunition and explosive materials such as fireworks(need permission from Commissioner General of National Police Agency)
- Drugs, including narcotics and psychotropic substances
- Animals, plants and items made from animal and plant products (subject to quarantine and may not be allowed to enter)
- Endangered animals, plants and products made from them as outlined by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)(will require a permit from CITES)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
In South Korea, it is very expensive to import vehicles. You may import a car into the country if:
- You plan to live in South Korea for at least one year (those entering South Korea with a family may import a vehicle if they plan to live there a minimum of six months)
- The car has been own and registered in the name of the person importing it three months prior to shipping
- The car is not Japanese
- The car is a small or medium vehicle (mobile homes, trucks and vehicles that seat more than 10 passengers are forbidden)
You will need the following documents:
- Certificate of registration (original)
- An invoice or receipt that provides proof of purchase for the vehicle and states the amount paid for it
- Customer’s passport
- A Custom’s declaration
- A work permit (valid for at least one year)
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
All animals are subject to inspection and quarantine upon arrival. Visitors travelling with pets must declare their pets (maximum of four) on the Customs Declaration Form.
When importing a petto South Korea, he or she will need to have the following documentation:
- Microchip implantation
- A health certificate (must include pet’s identification number)
- Rabies-neutralizing antibody test
- A quarantine certificate issued by exporting country
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
Certain items may be imported duty-free if the Customer is over 19-years-old. These items include:
- 200 cigarettes
- 50 cigars
- 250 grams of tobacco
- 1 litre of alcohol
- 2 ounces of perfume
- Other personal items worth up to $400 (gifts and new items)
To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717, or send any inquiries to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Dubai Movers cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double-check with your local embassy or consulate.