Moving from Dubai to Cayman Islands
Are you designing a global move to the Cayman Islands? Let Dubai Movers help! we offer top-notch international moving services to any or all our customers designing a move overseas.
Our knowledgeable moving agents are going to be with you each step of the approach throughout your move to the island from Dubai, UAE.
How Dubai Movers can help for moving to Cayman Islands
Planning a move to the island are often trying, therefore allow us to assist you each step of the approach. once you opt for Dubai Movers you will get an important recommendation from our specialists on moving problems which will grow on the approach, such as:
- What is the timeframe that your family ought to arrive within the Cayman Islands?
- Do you have a preference in terms of shipping by air or shipping by sea
- Do you have associate housing or?
How Much Does it Cost to Move to the Cayman Islands?
Budget is perhaps one in every one of your main issues once designing a global move. once it involves your move to the island, the value of moving can rely entirely on the cuboidal footage of your things.
If you decide on to use any of our different international moving services like automobile transport, those prices are going to be intercalary to your initial estimate.
You can build an arrangement with our moving specialists for an associate in-home estimate to seem over your things and supply you with an associate correct estimate by line our offices nowadays.
About the Cayman Islands
Located within the western Caribbean, the Cayman Islands area unit a British overseas territory and thought of a part of the archipelago.
The Cayman Islands area unit the peaks of the crocodilian Ridge, a huge underwater ridge. they’re comprised of 3 islands: Grand crocodilian, very little crocodilian and crocodilian Brac. Grand crocodilian is the largest of the 3 islands and is found south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
The island has a tropical climate with heat and rainy summers between could and Gregorian calendar month and dry winters between November and Apr.
The primary supply of financial gain for the island government is indirect taxation. The folks of the island have the very best normal of living within the Caribbean. stratified because of the fifth-largest banking centre within the world, the island area unit a significant international money centre. The export commodities of the island area unit turtle merchandise and made trade goods. whereas the import commodities embody foodstuffs, factory-made merchandise and fuels.
Custom Regulations for the Cayman Islands:
Used household goods and personal effects are duty free provided goods have been owned and used by the customer a minimum of six months and customer has lived abroad for at least one year.
- Residence Permit or Work Permit
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill
- Comprehensive Valued Inventory
- Pack list
- Power or Attorney – giving Destination Agent authority to arrange customs clearance
- Letter from Employer – attesting to customer’s employment contract
- Custom Declaration Form
- Appliances and electronics – must have invoices
- VHF radios, CB radios and radar equipment – requires license obtained from Cayman Islands Customs Department
- Prescription medications – must have accompanying prescriptions
- Firearms, sport guns and ammunition
- New items (less than six months old) – subject to duty
- Alcohol – 2 liters allowed
- Tobacco – 200 cigarettes or 250 grams of loose tobacco
- Narcotics/illegal drugs and paraphernalia
- Items depicting or referencing marijuana
- Subversive materials
- Firearms, explosives, ammunitions and other type of weapon
- Marine Radios and radio transmitting equipment that only operates in AM mode within the bands 1605-4000KHz
- All flammable/corrosive materials
- Gambling paraphernalia and counterfeit currency
- Dogs, cats and bird require a permit – obtained from Cayman Islands Dept. of Agriculture
- Cats and dogs must be at least 10 months old to be imported into the Cayman Islands
- No animal of any description may be imported from: Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti and the Dominican Republic
- The following breeds are anot permitted: Malinois, Rottweiler, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brazileiro, Shar-pei, Pitbull Terrier, Akita, Stafforshire Terrier, American Bull Dog, Dogue de Bordeaux and Mastiff.
- Certificate of Vaccination required – including rabies, less than six month prior to arrival
- Health Certificate required
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
- Vehicles are subject to duty based on CIF and will incur an environmental tax of $300 USD and a licensing fee of $290 USD
- New vehicles without stated value will be assessed using Kelley Blue Book
- Vehicles valued up to $14,500 will incur an environmental tax of $1525 USD and 29.5 percent duty
- Vehicles valued $15,500 – $20,000 will incur 29.5 percent duty
- Vehicles valued $20,001 – 25,000 will incur 32 percent duty
- Vehicles valued $25,001 – $30,000 will incur 37 percent duty
- Vehicles valued $30,000 and higher will incur 42 percent duty
- Up to 90cc will incur 32 percent duty
- 90cc and greater will incur 32 percent duty and environmental tax of $90 USD
- Motorcycles with side cars are prohibited
- Certificate of Title and Registration – original
- Commercial/Purchase Invoice – or proof of market value
- Driver’s license and international insurance policy
- Insurance Cover Note – issued on Grand Cayman
- OBL- state chassis and engine numbers, cubic capacity, make, model and year of manufacture
To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717 or send any inquiries to our email address [email protected].
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Dubai Movers cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.