Moving from Dubai to Thailand
If you’re moving overseas to Thailand, attending to ship your household goods to your new country requires proper preparation and research well earlier of your actual move date. to start out the method, you’ll need trustworthy and experienced international movers to ship your goods safely and without damage.
You have lots to arrange for when starting your new life abroad, so your move should be worry-free and simple! If you’re moving to Thailand, Dubai Movers is here to assist you with every step of your international relocation – we provide assistance with documentation, customs clearance, packing, crating, and then much more!
Don’t hesitate to grant us a call today to start your international moving process!
How Dubai Movers can help for moving to Thailand
In Dubai Movers, our professional moving specialists will advise you and oversee your entire overseas move to Thailand. we provide a range of shipping services to satisfy your individual needs:
- Your moving timeline. When does one have to be in Thailand? must you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your assets plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. does one require packing or custom crating services
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
How Much Does a Move to Thailand Cost?
Your moving budget is a very important factor to contemplate when moving overseas. the ultimate cost of your international move to Thailand is decided by several factors, like your household good shipment volume and therefore the services you need.
To receive an accurate estimate for overseas shipping, schedule a free in-home estimate today with Dubai Movers. one among our trained moving specialists will visit your home to assess your goods, determine your shipment’s cubic footage, and answer all of your questions. you’ll then receive a free quote for international goods shipping and your required overseas moving services.
Your quote is calculated supported your shipment’s cubic footage, your shipment method (air vs. sea freight) your required services (packing and custom crating), and several other factors.
Formerly called Siam, the Official Kingdom of Thailand is found in the middle of the Indochina peninsula in a geographic region. Thailand could be a monarchy, with a king officially titled because of the Head of State, the top of the defense force, the Upholder of the Buddhist religion, and therefore the Defender of all Faiths.
The country is the world’s 50th largest country in terms of total area and also the world’s 20th largest country in terms of population. Thailand island bordered by Burma, Cambodia, Laos, and Malaysia.
Religion may be a major part of Thai culture and is central to the country’s identity. the first religion within the country is Buddhism, practiced by 95 percent of Thailand’s residents. Thailand is additionally what’s called a collectivist culture, which implies group identity (whether in business, society, or family) is more important than individual identity.
Thailand is the second-largest economy in the geographical area in terms of PPP after Indonesia and also the fourth richest nation per GDP per capita after Singapore, Brunei, and Malaysia. The country’s major export and import partners are the USA, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Malaysia, UAE, Singapore, and Asian countries.
Thailand is the world’s number-one rice exporter, second-largest tungsten producer, and also the third-largest tin producer. Thailand ranks high among the world’s automotive export industries, together with manufacturing electronic goods. The country has the most important newspaper market in a geographical region with an estimated circulation of a minimum of 13 million copies daily. While media within the country is commonly censored and government-supervised, newspapers are subject to fewer regulations and are considered more progressive.
Custom Regulations for Thailand:
- Passport (original)
- Non-immigrant visa or resident visa (valid for one year)
- Work permit (original) or copy of B.O.I. Letter (to customs) valid for one year (it is recommended that the customer coordinates the shipment’s arrival the work permit’s issue to facilitate duty-free entry)
- Inventory (two copies, legible and in English) showing the following details:
- Packing method (carton, wrapped, crated, etc.)
- For all electrical appliances, the brand name, model and serial number
- For TVs, the diameter of the picture tube and whether color or black and white
- Copy of insurance policy (if applicable)
- Shipper’s contact address and phone number
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN COUNTRY FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- All shipments are subject to inspection
- Anyone with a full-year work permit (or one year visa) and returning Thai residents who have lived more than one year abroad (frequent traveling back and forth can cause problems with the customer) will be considered for duty-free import
- Customer is allowed duty-free import of one air and one sea shipment from the previous residence
- Shipment must not arrive before the customer
- Goods must arrive no later than six months after the date on the work permit
- Goods must originate from the same country as the customer
- Narcotics and drugs
- Medical equipment
- Gold and silver
- Several plant and fruits are prohibited (inquire before importing)
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition and dangerous objects (subject to taxes and licensing, MUST NOT BE INCLUDED in household goods shipment)
- Radio equipment and transmitters
- Pornographic material
- New items (less than six months old) require invoices
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Artwork and antiques
- Stereo and video equipment, all appliances, luxury items, carpets, foodstuff, and office equipment are subject to high duties (computers, fax machines, and phones may not be considered as household/personal effects, but rather as dutiable office equipment)
- Only one of each type of electrical appliance is allowed, duplicate appliances will be charged full duties
- Plants (Health Certificate required)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
- Automobiles may not be imported unless the applicant applies for permission from the Ministry of Commerce before shipping the automobile into the kingdom (this permission is very difficult to obtain for anyone who is not a diplomat)
- Duties can be as high as 300 percent of the value of a new car
- Required documents:
- Automobile Registration from a foreign country
- Driver’s license from the country from which the car was exported
- Original B/L
- Import permit (must be available before the car is shipped to Thailand)
- Animals are subject to duties
- Information such as the sex, name, age, and breed should be provided to Destination Agent well in advance of importing the animal
- Quarantine may be required
- Documents required:
- Import Permit
- Health Certificate providing evidence that rabies vaccination has been administered seven days prior to departure
- Certificate of Vaccination
- Pedigree (if available)
Note: It is recommended to send pets as excess baggage where customs clearance and duties may not be applicable
To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717, or send any inquiries to our email address email@example.com.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Dubai Movers cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double-check with your local embassy or consulate.