Moving from Dubai to Sri Lanka
For a smooth and tension free moving to the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka from the Dubai, UAE, depend upon Dubai Movers. we are going to ship your car or household goods safely to the required destination with the identical level of sincerity and professionalism that’s gained over the years.
When Moving to Sri Lanka
Our experts provide you with the most effective international moving options supported your criteria and professional staff will monitor all of your moving needs during the moving process and assists you with the moving tips. a number of the problems that you just might face during the move are:
- Shipping by sea or air to the country is accessible – does one have a preference?
- Do you have an apartment or realty availability dates?
- Are you moving alone or with family? what’s the timeframe that your family should arrive in Sri Lanka?
The Cost of Moving to state
The cost of moving to the country from Dubai. depends on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination time of arrival. If you would like to rent car shipping services then you will be charged extra.
To get the precise cubic feet estimates you’ll consult our moving experts to examine your possessions and take a look at the location and jump-start your international move.
About Sri Lanka
Titled as ‘The Pearl of Indian Ocean’ land in the earlier period is thought by a spread of names like Lanka or Singhala in India, Taprobane in Hellenic language, and Ceylon by Portuguese. Even the name was officially changed to Sri Lanka; Ceylon continues to be in use within the names of a variety of organizations.
Sri Lanka is bordered by the ocean, Gulf of Mannar, Palk Strait, and lies within the vicinity of India and also the Maldives. the very best point of Ceylon is Pidurutalagala, reaching 2,524 metres. Sri Lankan climate is described as tropical and warm.
The Sinhalese and also the Tamil are the 2 main traditional cultures of Sri Lanka. British colonial culture was also added within the most up-to-date times. Esala Perahera is that the grand festival held in the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka with elegant costumes. Sri Lanka’s popular sort of music is that the Baila.
Famous for the assembly and export of tea, coffee, coconuts, rubber and cinnamon, the state could be a founding member of SAARC and a member of a global organization, Commonwealth of countries, G77 and Non-Aligned Movement. The trading partners of Sri Lanka are US, UK, Italy, Germany, Belgium, India, China, Singapore, Iran and Asian country.
Custom Regulations for Sri Lanka:
- Residence Visa/Blue Card
- Unaccompanied baggage declaration must be made at the airport
- Inventory (valued)
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT AT TIME OF CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Sri Lanka Nationals & Expatriates may import household goods and personal effects duty-free provided they have been outside the country for a year or more
- Some Customs exemption granted with Residence Visa
- Shipments must arrive within three months of Customer
- Refundable Customs deposit payable on all shipments
- All items in commercial quantity
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- All currency, gold, silver, jewellery, etc.
- Dangerous drugs
- Gold and gems
- Obscene literature, pictures, etc.
- Sri Lanka currency over Rs. 1,000/Indian and Pakistan currencies
- Fruits, plants, vegetables
- Animals, birds, reptiles, and parts thereof
- POSSESSION OF HEROIN CARRIES THE DEATH PENALTY
- Automobiles and motorcycles over three years old are prohibited
- Only right-hand-drive autos are permitted
- High duties payable
- Import License must be obtained prior to arrival
Maximum permissible for other common items:
- 12 Saris and 6 Sarongs (or verities)
- Garments: Males (12) and Females (12)
- Textile material–a total of 12 meters
- Shoes, Slippers–6 pairs of each
To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717, or send any inquiries to our email address email@example.com.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Dubai Movers cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double-check with your local embassy or consulate.