Moving from Dubai to Uruguay
Moving to Uruguay may be a major transition for anyone, and there’ll be plenty to think about and brace oneself for before you head across the world.
The very last thing you wish to stress about is that the logistics of an advanced move, especially when it involves documentation, Customs regulations and shipping services. Which is why you mustn’t need to worry about it. Instead, allow us to tackle the tough stuff for you.
Dubai Movers will make your transition to Uruguay as seamless as possible, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and far more. We’ll be there with you each and each step of your move abroad, from packing and crating your goods to shipping them overseas and assisting you thru the complicated overseas documentation process.
All you wish to try and do is give us a call so we are able to start with an on-site estimate. We’ll be sure of everything else.
Here’s how we get the task done:
How Dubai Movers can help for moving to Uruguay
To start, one amongst our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options supported certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. When does one must be in Uruguay?
- Your land plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or along with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to Uruguay Cost?
For the foremost accurate estimate of your total shipment size, you ought to schedule an in-home survey as early as possible for your move to Uruguay.
Don’t wait until the last possible moment, contact Dubai Movers today. you will not regret the choice.
After we hear from you, our moving specialists will assess your belongings to convey you the simplest estimate possible to expedite your relocation.
The cost of moving to Uruguay will vary considerably supported the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination time of arrival so it’s extremely important that you just work with an agent in order that they can offer you the foremost accurate quote.
Ready to start budgeting for your international move?
Give us a call, and do not forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
Officially named the Eastern Republic of Uruguay, the South American country is home to three.3 million people-1.8 million of whom sleep in Montevideo, which is both the capital and largest city in Uruguay.
Uruguay is that the second-smallest country in South America after Suriname but is ranked first in the geographical area for democracy, peace, lack of corruption, e-Government and quality of living. It also ranks first in South America for freedom of the press, size of the centre class, prosperity and security.
In 2013, the Economist named Uruguay “Country of the Year” and it’s considered one amongst the foremost liberal and socially developed nations on the planet-same-sex marriage, abortion and therefore the sale and consumption of cannabis are all legal. Uruguay also performs well on a world scale when it involves personal rights, tolerance and inclusion.
Can’t wait to induce started along with your overseas relocation to Uruguay? First, be told what you will need to clear Customs.
Customs Regulations for Uruguay:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Inventory (itemized in Spanish and legalized by the Uruguayan Consulate at origin country)
- Foreigners require one of the following:
- A resident visa issued by the Uruguayan Consulate at origin country
- Resident visa stamped in customer’s passport
- Certificate of Permanent Residence granted by the Migration Office in Uruguay
- If documents are not provided, the customer will have to deposit a bank guarantee letter, the value of the shipment in cash, or provide a guarantee from his or her employer. This guarantee is to be returned once the shipment leaves the country or the customer has obtained permanent residence.
- Returning citizens are required to provide:
- A Certificate of Residence (issued by the origin consulate stating that the customer has lived abroad for a minimum period of two years)
- Bank guarantee letter
- Shipments must arrive within 90 days of customer
- Non-permanent residents may be required to make a bank guarantee deposit which is refundable when the shipment leaves the country
In Uruguay, some articles may not be imported in a customer’s baggage whatsoever. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Pornography or subversive materials
- Counterfeit items
- Cultural artefacts and other objects of cultural importance
- Explosive and flammable materials
- Plants and any parts derived from plants
- Fruits and vegetables
- Soil, seeds (including items made from vegetable seeds), flowers and flower parts
- Animal feed and other veterinary related products (biological or chemical)
- Trees and parts of trees
- Fresh dairy products like cream, milk, etc. (with the exception of long-life milk)
- Bees and honey
- Any meat
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in Uruguay. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Endangered species and products and parts thereof as outlined by CITES (may only be brought in only with CITES permission)
- Medication (accompanied by prescription and in the original container with original label)
- The quantity should not be greater than what is needed for the length of your stay
- Currency (amount exceeding the equivalent of $10,000 USD must be declared)
- Currency includes negotiable instruments, jewellery, precious metals, etc.
- Mobile telephones (need to be declared and tax paid if the customer is planning to switch to Uruguayan telephone provider)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
In Uruguay, new cars are dutiable and foreigners are not allowed to import automobiles. You may import a car into the country if you are a returning citizen who meets the following requirements:
- Owner of the automobile must have lived abroad for at least three years
- Vehicle must have been in the owner’s name for a minimum of three years
- The owner must apply for authorization from the Ministry of Finance before Customs clearance can begin
When importing a vehicle you will need the following documents:
- A commercial invoice (original)
- Car title or Certificate of Register or Matriculation
- Documents must be legalized by the Uruguayan consulate at customer’s country of origin
- Documents must be translated into Spanish (obtained in Uruguay)
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
When importing a pet into Uruguay, they will need to have the following documentation:
- Health certificate
- Vaccination certificates
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
- Used household goods and personal effects showing evidence of use may be imported duty-free if the customer has lived abroad and owned the items for at least two years and the customer has a permanent residence
- The following may be imported duty-free is the customer is over 18-years-old:
- 400 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 500 grams of tobacco
- 2 litres of alcohol
- Non-commercial gifts and other items for personal use distributed as follows:
- Land entry – goods worth up to $150 USD or equivalent (once a month)
- Sea or air entry – $300 USD for traveller’s from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile and Paraguay (once a month)
- Allowance is up to $500 USD for traveller’s from other countries (once a year)
- Customers under 18 are allowed a 50 per cent corresponding allowance for:
- Sporting goods and musical instruments (when used and for personal use)
- Electrical equipment (for personal use)
To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717 or send any inquiries to our email address email@example.com.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Dubai Movers cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double-check with your local embassy or consulate.