Moving from Dubai to the Dominican Republic
Moving to the Dominican Republic from Dubai may be a major transition for anyone, and there’ll be masses to contemplate and harden before you head across the world to start your new life.
The last item you would like to fret regarding is that the provision of a sophisticated move, particularly once it involves documentation, Customs laws and shipping services.
Which is why you should not need to worry regarding it. Instead, allow us to tackle the powerful stuff for you.
Dubai Movers can build your transition to the Dominican Republic as seamless as attainable, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your family product and far a lot of.
Here’s however we tend to get the duty done:
How Dubai Movers can help for moving to the Dominican Republic
To start, one among our trained moving specialists can give a one-on-one consultation with you, totally outlining your moving choices supported bound criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. once does one ought to be within the Dominican Republic?
- Your property plans. can you be transaction or buying?
- Your family/household size. can you be moving alone or together with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. however massive is your shipment?
What Will Moving to the Dominican Republic Cost?
For the foremost correct estimate of your total cargo size, you ought to schedule Associate in Nursing in-home survey as early as attainable for your move to the Dominican Republic.
Don’t wait till the eleventh hour, contact port Movers today!
After we tend to hear from you, our moving specialists can assess your belongings to offer you the simplest estimate attainable to expedite your relocation overseas.
The cost of moving to the Dominican Republic can vary significantly supported the cuboidal footage of your belongings and your projected destination point. therefore it’s extraordinarily necessary that you just work with Associate in Nursing agent so that they will provide you with the foremost correct quote for your individual relocation wants.
Ready to begin budgeting for your international move?
Give the United States of America a decision, and do not forget to raise regarding our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
About the Dominican Republic
DominicanRepublic3Its turquoise ocean and miles of aglitter beaches attract innumerable tourists to the Dominican Republic annually, however, this second-largest Caribbean nation offers rather more to back its growing quality in terms of business enterprise and travel. Despite it being the foremost visited destination within the Caribbean, nearly ten million folks decision the Dominican Republic home, and one million board capital of the Dominican Republic, it is the capital town.
The Dominican Republic is on the island of the island and shares its border with Haiti to the West. in addition, the Dominican Republic claims the region’s tallest summit, Pico Duarte, and also the Caribbean’s lowest elevation (and largest lake), Lake Enriquillo.
The region has the ninth-largest economy in Latin America and also the second-largest economy within the Caribbean and Central Yankee region. The Dominican Republic’s largest importers are Japan, Hong Kong, Asian nation, USA, Taiwan and European country.
Can’t wait to urge started together with your overseas relocation to the Dominican Republic? initial, determine what you will need to clear Customs.
Customs Regulations for the Dominican Republic:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Passport (for the customer and each member of the family), must be at least one year old – otherwise, the previous passport is required
- Original detailed inventory in English or Spanish
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Birth certificate(s) of children living in the same household
- Dominican Consular invoice
- Foreigners must also have the following:
- Work permit
- Customs bond
- Residence visa
- Work Contract
- Dominican Residence Card
- Bank guarantee/affidavit
- Contracts for a house or apartment rental, as well as electrical and water service
- Customer must be present in the Dominican Republic for Customs clearance
- All documents submitted must be originals
- Customer must undergo a physical examination prior to applying for the Department of Exoneration for clearance of goods
- Only one shipment is allowed
- Used household goods are duty-free, provided the customer has owned them for over two years
- Dominican citizens may be allowed the one-time exemption if they have lived abroad a minimum of one year
- All new items are subject to duty and taxes
In the Dominican Republic, some articles may not be imported in a Customer’s baggage whatsoever. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Weapons and ammunition, explosives
- Drugs and narcotics (shipment subject to confiscation if drugs are included)
- Pornographic material
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in the Dominican Republic. These items include, but are not limited to:
- All new items (invoices required)
- Duplicate electrical appliances (e.g. refrigerators, washers, dryers, air conditioners)
- Computer equipment and machinery
- Alcohol and tobacco products (must not be shipped with household goods – must be shipped separately and require consular documents)
- Antiques, works of art, jewellery, coins and precious metals (may be included duty-free if they are included in the household goods and personal effects shipment)
- All plants (must be accompanied by a Phytosanitary Certificate from the original location and the customer must obtain a Dominican Agriculture permit upon arrival)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
In the Dominican Republic, the following rules apply when importing motor vehicles:
- One automobile allowed per person
- Vehicles must be registered/owned by the customer for at least one year
- If the customer is a Dominican citizen, he or she must have lived abroad for a minimum of two years
- Luxury vehicles are prohibited
For importation, the customer will need the following documents (all must be originals):
- Title must be certified by the Department of Vehicles and legalized by the nearest Dominican Consulate
- Registration for the past three years
- Residence Visa
- Dominican Consular invoice stamped at the nearest Dominican Consulate
- License plate
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
When importing a pet to the Dominican Republic, the requirements are:
- Veterinary Certificate must be issued within 90 days of departure
- No quarantine is required for cats or dogs
- Birds have a quarantine period of 10 days
To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717 or send any inquiries to our email address email@example.com.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Dubai Movers cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double-check with your local embassy or consulate.