Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain. Its location on the Atlantic Ocean has influenced many aspects of its culture: salt cod and grilled sardines are national dishes, the Algarve’s beaches are a major destination, and much of the nation’s architecture dates to the 1500s–1800s when Portugal had a powerful maritime empire.
The stunning city of Lisbon is one of the most beautiful locations on the planet, as well as being recognized as a world city due to its significance in media, entertainment, finance, trade, commerce, and tourism. As well as being Portugal’s capital city, Lisbon is also one of the oldest cities in the world and has many historical landmarks to prove it. Dating back to the 12th century, the Lisbon Cathedral is a must-see landmark, along with iconic buildings such as the Praça do Comércio and the Igreja do Carmo. The city’s Mediterranean climate makes it a very appealing location for both ex-pats and tourists – with warm, rain-free summers and mild, comfortable winters. Lisbon is brimming with culture, from museums and galleries to gardens and festivals.
Our team has expanded massively over the years and we have helped assist in a very large number of moves to Portugal. It is our goal to not only adhere to strict shipping policies and customs arrangements but also to make sure that all of your goods are packed efficiently in a way that will save you money and ensure a minimal chance of damage during a long journey. With both Sea and Air options available for shipping, we also make it easy for you to get just the type of goods that you need immediately as well as have access to all of your possessions at a later date.
At Dubai movers, the shipping process we offer you with is very simple and straightforward. It is the only way for us to expedite the whole process to save you from worrying when moving your household goods from Dubai to Australia. The process is as follows-:
Dubai movers have well-experienced and adequately trained staff in the field of shipping and packing.
staff is equipped with technical knowledge and ethical manners.
Our staff is highly skilled to use technology more efficiently.
Dubai movers have proper protocols for packing when it comes to shipping across the border. Every item has been packed individually and prepared separately for bulk packing.
Fragile and precious items are packed in pallet packing, and styrofoam to protect them from mechanical shock, tear, and abrasion. Then cushioning is done to prevent friction and contact of all items.
Finally, lamination will be done to prevent the environmental effects.
Labeling will be done for proper identification and relocation of all items. It also prevents theft and loss of items.
Dubai shipping through Air:
Dubai movers have an extensive delivery system and have access to almost all the airports in big and famous cities.
Dubai shipping through Sea:
Dubai movers is connected with all famous ports across the country to provide a seamless delivery system and effective and smooth services.
Pre-move Survey – one of our experts will pay you a visit to determine the quantity or the volume of the household goods you need to move from Dubai to Australia. The purpose of this is to help in advising you on the best shipping options available for you.
Comprehensive Quote – based on the findings above by our shipping expert, we will prepare for you a detailed quotation of all the costs and the timelines involved in moving your goods to Australia.
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original passport (in color)
- Copy of visa
- Inventory list
- TAX card copy
- Baggage certificate
- Residence certificate
- Declaration as per European Union regulations
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Photocopy of air ticket or declaration
- Photocopy of work contract (if applicable)
- Proof of application for a residence permit
- Copy of identity card (diplomats)
- The original passport must state the place of residence abroad.
- Photocopy of air ticket or declaration must include details (date of arrival, etc.).
- The baggage certificate, “Certificado de Bagagem,” must state that all the items are used and have been in the owner of the goods’ possession for more than 6 months (do not show values).
- The baggage certificate must state that the owner of the goods has been living in the origin country for more than 12 months.
- Residence certificate “Atestado de Residencia” can be obtained in the Parish Council by the owner of the goods’ residence area in Portugal; it must state that the owner of the goods is living at the new address for no longer than 4 months.
- Portuguese nationals are not required to provide proof of application for a residence permit.
- If the owner of the goods is not a citizen of the origin country, proof of residency for a period of at least 12 months is required; this can be proven through a photocopy of an identity card, a certificate issued by the Portuguese Consulate, or employment contract from the origin country.
- Transferees must be present for Customs clearance and must provide an exact date of arrival in Portugal.
- Although normal goods are duty-free, Custom broker fees are generally required and are based on ad valorem.
- Port handling charges and warehouse fees may be included in Custom’s broker fees but can be expensive; estimates should be requested from the agent prior to import.
- Used household goods are considered duty-free if they have been in the owner of the goods’ possession for a period of at least 6 months and are not for sale after the shipment has been released.
- Goods must arrive within 6 months of the owner of the goods’ arrival in the destination country.
- Inheritance requires a certified copy of the death certificate as well as the will, to allow for duty-free import.
- Registration certificate
- Original title
- International driver’s license
- Insurance documents
- Import license
- Purchase invoice
- Inspection records
- Duty-free entry for a temporary import period of 6 months, during which definitive importation of the car must occur.
- Costs of duties and taxes depend on the value of the motor vehicle in Portugal.
- If no definitive importation is performed, the motor vehicle must leave the country for a period of 6 months.
- Boats are subject to the payment of duties.
- Only 1 car is allowed.
- Other cars will incur duties.
- Vaccination certificate
- Veterinary health certificate
- Owner of the goods’ passport
- Pets must be identifiable with a tattoo or an electronic identification system and vaccinated against rabies.
- The vaccination certificate must include rabies vaccination information.
- New items still in packaging
- Essences for regional wine counterfeit
- Systems for copying mail stamping systems
- Fish if it is disemboweled (cannot exceed 20 kg)
- Medicines and foodstuffs harmful to national health and drugs
- Powdered milk for babies, food for children, and special medical food (including pet food) may be allowed if not require refrigeration and with an original, unbroken seal (unless in use at the time),
- Quantity must not exceed the weight of 10 kg originating from Croatia, Faroe Islands, Greenland, and Iceland, and of 2 kg if originating in other countries
- Coats, fur, and leather shoes made from protected animals (special authorization required)
- Hunting and civilian guns only (guns need a property title and also need to be mentioned on the Consulate certificate)
- Firearms, cut and thrust weapons, and any instrument without specific application
- Meat and milk, and any by-products thereof, from non-European Union countries, with the exception of limited amounts from Andorra, Croatia, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland, and small amounts of specific products from other countries;
- Check with the agent for details.
- Protected species and products thereof as listed by the Washington Convention (CITES).
- For example, ivory, tortoise shells, coral, reptile skins, and wood from Amazonian forests.
- Pornographic material / objects
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air/sea shipments.
Cultural and Other Information
CIA World Factbook Entry for Portugal