Moving from Dubai to Finland
Finland is a Northern European nation bordering Sweden, Norway and Russia. Its capital, Helsinki, occupies a peninsula and surrounding islands in the Baltic Sea. Helsinki is home to the 18th-century sea fortress Womanliness, the fashionable Design District and diverse museums. The Northern Lights can be seen from the country’s Arctic Lapland province, a vast wilderness with national parks and ski resorts.
We have an agent network strategically located to cover all major airports and Ocean ports.
At Dubai Movers, we provide a high level of service dedicated to fulfilling all your International shipping requirements. We aim not only to give you the cheapest and unbeatable prices for your shipping needs, but also want to make it simple for you by having the most advanced online booking and quotation system available.
Types of shipping
When Dubai Movers are moving internationally, there are two major shipping options available air and sea. Sending your stuffs by plane is quicker but comparatively costly, while using a container ship is cheaper and slower. At Dubai Movers, we advise that you have to choose ocean shipping in other words it’s much better value for money and in addition you can fit more in a shipping container. However, it also requires a bit of advanced planning. You also have the option between a a Less than Full Container Load (LCL) and Full Container Load (FCL), which is however based on amount of stuff you’re bringing. Most of the suppliers will provide you with a full door-to-door shipping service.
Dubai Movers offer three distinct international shipping from UAE to Finland and you are free to choose the most convenient one for you. They include the following-:
Dedicated Container shipping – with this option, you good are shipped in one dedicated container. No other item finds their way in the steel container unless it belongs to you.
Dubai Movers conduct a pre-move survey to help us determine the volume of the household goods you want to move to Finland. It also help us advise you better on the best shipping options to use as well as give us insights for coming up with the most comprehensive quote for you.
Destination Process – while the goods are still on the high seas, we will inform you about the shipment progress including the arrival dates, customs clearance requirements as well as the exact delivery schedules once they reach the port of destination.
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Import declaration (Customs form 45) in Finnish, Swedish, or English
- Detailed inventory in Finnish, Swedish, or English (must include exact number and description of each item)
- For shipments originating outside of the European Union (EU), household goods and personal effects can be imported free of duty if:
- The goods have been used by the owner of the goods or the owner of the goods’ family abroad for at least 6 months.
- The owner of the goods has lived in a primary residence abroad for at least 12 months.
- The owner of the goods must have a primary residence in Finland to begin the Customs clearance process.
- Personal property imported from the EU is admitted free of Customs duty, tax, and other restrictions, except prohibitions referred to Article 36 of the Treaty of Rome.
- Diplomats may import household goods and personal effects duty free provided a detailed inventory has been completed and an obligation for privilege granted by the Foreign Ministry.
- Certification of title / registration
- All vehicles subject to taxes; however, the car tax on one taxable private vehicle imported by the owner of the goods at transfer of the normal place of residence is reduced by a maximum of Euro 13,450 if the following three conditions are met:
- The owner of the goods has stayed abroad continuously for at least 12 months immediately before moving to Finland.
- The vehicle has been in the ownership, or in the possession leading to ownership, of the owner of the goods or a spouse and in the owner of the goods’ use abroad for at least six months immediately before the move to Finland.
- If the owner of the goods has previously brought in a vehicle free of tax, it is required that the time limit within which that vehicle may not be transferred without payment of tax has expired before his moving to Finland.
- A tax reduction will not be granted to a person under the age of 18 nor a person who has previously lived in Finland and stayed abroad mainly for educational or study purposes.
- Vehicles imported duty free by a foreigner are subject to prohibition on the sale, hire, and transfer of the vehicle for 3 years, one of which must be in Finland.
- Motor vehicles imported from within the EU are subject to the Finnish Value Added Tax (VAT) Act and Car Tax Act.
- As a rule, VAT is not collected in Finland on vehicles imported as removal goods from within the EU.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pets are subject to examination upon arrival to Finland and quarantine; contact the destination agent to confirm the duration.
- Pets without the vaccination record will be returned to the port of origin.
- Pets may be imported duty free with proof of ownership.
Wedding Trousseau / Gifts
- Wedding trousseaux (may be imported duty free as part of the household goods shipment)
- Inheritances (may be imported duty free if the owner of the goods’ primary residence is in Finland; a detailed inventory and a certified copy of the will).
- Alcoholic products, narcotics, tobacco (are subject to duty and VAT and incitements require special permits)
- Firearms and ammunition (a special permit by police authorities is required)
- Live animals and animal products (a special permit is required)
- Plants and plant parts (a special permit is required)
- New items (are subject to VAT and duty and must be declared separately on Customs form 45; a commercial invoice is also required)
- Art, antiques, and precious metal objects (are duty free as part of the household goods shipment; otherwise subject to VAT and duty; a detailed inventory is required)
- Narcotics / illegal drugs of any kind
- Pornography and subversive material
- Explosives, ammunitions, and weapons including knives, swords, and fireworks
- Feathers, furs, tusks, skins etc. of animals included on the Endangered Species List and those protected under the CITES Convention
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other Information
Dial Now: 043306717 / 0507941287