Moving from Dubai to Puerto Rico
Moving to Puerto Rico is a significant change for anybody, and there will be bounty to consider and get ready for before you head over the globe. The exact opposite thing you need to stress over is the coordinations of an entangled move, particularly with regards to documentation, Customs guidelines, and delivery administrations. Which is the reason you shouldn’t need to stress over it? Rather, let us tackle the intense stuff for you.
Dubai Movers will make your change to Puerto Rico as consistent as could be expected under the circumstances, by giving first-class transporting administrations to the entirety of your family merchandise and considerably more. We’ll be there with you every single step of your move to another country, from pressing and crating your merchandise to delivery them abroad and helping you through the confused abroad documentation process.
You should simply call us so we can begin with an on-location gauge. We’ll deal with everything else.
Here are how we take care of business:
How Dubai Movers can help for moving to Puerto Rico
To begin, one of our prepared moving pros will furnish a one-on-one meeting with you, completely sketching out your moving choices dependent on specific measures, for example,
- Your moving timetable. When do you should be in Puerto Rico?
- Your land plans. Will you lease or purchasing?
- Your family/family unit size. Will you be moving alone or with your family? For business or individual reasons?
- Cubic feet gauge. How enormous is your shipment?
What is Will Moving to Puerto Rico Cost?
For the most precise gauge of your absolute shipment size, you should plan an in-home study as ahead of schedule as workable for your transition to Puerto Rico.
Try not to hold up until the last conceivable second, contact International Sea and Air Shipping today. You will love your choice. After we get notification from you, our moving experts will survey your things to give you the most ideal gauge to speed up your movement.
The expense of moving to Puerto Rico will differ impressively dependent on the cubic film of your assets and your proposed goal appearance time so you must work with a specialist so they can give you the most exact statement.
Prepared to begin planning for your global move? Call us, and remember to get some information about our abroad pressing and custom crating administrations, as well!
About Puerto Rico
The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is the United States an area arranged in the Caribbean Sea and is comprised of the primary island of Puerto Rico and a few little islands, including Vieques, Culebra, and Mona.
Because of its land area, Puerto Rico appreciates a warm climate all year and doesn’t partake in light investment funds time.
Characterized by the World Bank as a high-pay economy, PR is likewise marked as the most serious economy in Latin America, with trade driven by the assembling and administration enterprises.
Puerto Rico has two authority dialects, Spanish and English, albeit Spanish is increasingly common.
Can you hardly wait to begin with your abroad migration to Puerto Rico? To begin with, discover what you’ll have to clear Customs.
Customs Regulations for Puerto Rico:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Completed U.S. Custom’s form
- Power of attorney (original)
- Photo identification (two copies)
- Bill of Lading
- Inventory (signed by owner)
- Freight bill (signed by owner)
- Customer must be in Puerto Rico during the clearance process
- Customer should also be present for the Customs process
In Puerto Rico, some articles may not be imported in a customer’s baggage whatsoever. These items (for residents of the United States and non-residents) include, but may not be limited to:
- Meat or meat products (dried, canned, etc.)
- Narcotics and certain medicines containing prohibited substances
- Absinthe or any alcohol-containing artemisia absinthium
- Plants, seeds, vegetables, and fruits
- Soil, livestock and animals pests
- Bacteria cultures, fungi specimens, viruses and other biological samples used for research (allowed with APHIS permit)
- Unprepared fish and fish eggs
- Imports from embargoed countries (Iran, Myanmar, Sudan)
- Leather souvenirs imported from Haiti (drums)
- Endangered wildlife species, monkeys and products made from endangered species
- Cultural artifacts from Byzantine period, pre-Columbian period, Khmer sculptures (unless with permission)
- Dog and cat fur
- Items infringing trademark and copyright regulations
- Pornographic materials
- Lottery tickets
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in Puerto Rico. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Firearms (must state serial number; advanced clearance and written arrangements from Puerto Rico’s law enforcement agencies are required for import; can come only as main baggage)
- Alcohol – wine and liquor (taxable when imported to the mainland)
- Medication (must be accompanied by a prescription or letter from a personal physician)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
In Puerto Rico, the following rules apply to import motor vehicles:
- Personal items cannot be held within the vehicle
- All automobiles are subject to inspection
- Vehicles are subject to tax and Customs duties
For importation, you will need the following documents:
- Title certificate (original)
- Registration (original)
- Customer’s driver’s license (copy with Social Security number stating physical and postal address in Puerto Rico)
- Notarized letter from lienholder showing VIN, model, make and copy of the title
- Commercial invoice for vans and pickups
- Customs Form 3299 (if originating from a foreign country)
- Certificate of compliance with U.S. Federal EPA and DOT regulations – Form 3520 (if car imported from a foreign country)
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
When importing a petto Puerto Rico, they will need to have the following documentation:
- Cats and dogs must be accompanied by…
- A health certificate, issued at point of origin within 30 days (certificate must state that animals have lived in an area which has not been under quarantine due to contagious, infectious or transmissible disease)
- A rabies certificate issued within six months (only if the animal is over four months old)
- Birds require a health certificate issued before shipment.
- The certificate must state that the birds were found free of psittacosis or ornithosis
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
When moving to Puerto Rico permanently, shipments from the mainland are subject to excise taxes. Items deemed to be non-essential will be taxed at a rate of 6.6 percent of the value declared by customers. Taxable goods include:
- Books and clothing
- Telecommunication equipment
- Sporting goods items
- Musical instruments
- New items
- Electrical items
To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717, or send any inquiries to our email address email@example.com.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Dubai Movers cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double-check with your local embassy or consulate.