Moving from Dubai to Kenya
kenya1Are you planning a far off move to Kenya? Shipping your household goods to a different country requires extensive planning and preparation-plus professional and reliable overseas shippers to induce your goods abroad safely and without damage.
If you’re moving to Kenya, Dubai Movers is here to assist you with every step of your overseas relocation. allow us to handle all the stressful parts of your move, while you specialize in more important things, like starting your new life across the world.
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today to line up your free in-home survey! Here’s what you’ll be able to anticipate to:
How Dubai Movers can help for moving to Kenya
At Dubai Movers, our professional moving specialists are trained to advise you and oversee your entire overseas move to Kenya. we provide a range of shipping services to satisfy your needs:
- Your moving timeline. When does one have to be in Kenya? must you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your realty plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. does one require packing or custom crating services
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or along with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
How Much Does a Move to Kenya Cost?
Expense is often an important factor to think about when planning a move overseas. If you’re moving to Kenya, the value will rely upon your shipment size, the services you need, and several other factors.
Schedule a free in-home estimate today with Dubai Movers and one in every of our trained moving specialists will visit your home to assess your shipment, determine the cubic footage, and answer any questions you’ll have. you may then receive a free, no-obligation estimate to ship your goods overseas.
Officially called the Republic of Kenya, this geographic area country is called after the continent’s second-highest crest. Kenya has many wildlife reserves with thousands of animal species, diverse geography, and varied culture. About 42 ethnic peoples inhabit Kenya, each with a novel cultural identity. Kenya is additionally known for its athletics. Popular sports within the country include cricket, rallying, football, rugby, and boxing.
Bordered by Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, and Tanzania, Kenya is that the world’s forty-seventh largest country. The climate varies between temperate, tropical, and arid. The country is additionally the setting for the nice wildebeest migration, considered one in every of the Natural Wonders of the planet. Over two million animals migrate from the Serengeti park in Tanzania to the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya from July to October.
With its capital city, Nairobi may be a major commercial hub, Kenya’s economy is that the largest by GDP in East and African nation. The telecommunications sector drives the industry of Kenya. Tourism is another major industry contributing to the economy, also dominating the industry. The trade partners of Kenya are the united kingdom, Netherlands, Uganda, Tanzania, the US, Pakistan, India, China, UAE, South Africa, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Japan.
Custom Regulations for Kenya:
- Original passport (If issued within the last two years, your old passport is also required)
- Work permit for non-Kenyan citizens
- Baggage Declaration Form C-18 (signed by customer)
- Bank Release
- Inventory in English (three copies valued and detailed with the number of packages)
- Insurance certificate
- Invoices for electrical items and their serial numbers
- Certificate of change of address
- You must be present at customs clearance to receive your shipment
- Your goods are subject to 100 percent customs verification
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty-free for returning Kenyan citizens if:
- You have resided outside Kenya for a minimum of two years
- Your effects are imported within three months of your arrival in Kenya
- Household goods have been in your possession for at least one year prior to import (new items subject to duty)
- Non-Kenyan citizens (first-time arrivals) are permitted to import used household goods and personal effects duty-free within three months of work permit being issued
If any of the above items are included in your shipment, they will either be shipped back to your original country or abandoned. Additional costs for either option will be charged to the customer.
- Weapons, silencers, ammunition, toy guns and explosives, including tear gas
- Plants, seeds, bulbs, fresh fruit and vegetables (unless a permit is obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture stating plants are free from disease)
- Pornographic material
- Political literature
- Alcoholic beverages
- Firearms (require a certificate to be issued by Nairobi Firearms Bureau for import)
- New items (may require Import License and are subject to payment of customs duties and taxes)
- Fabric pieces
- Trade goods or goods for sale
- Aircraft and vessels of all kinds
- Used machinery
- All computers new or old (except under diplomatic status) or unless imported by a student in computer studies
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
Note: Vehicle importation highly restricted and time-consuming
- First-time arrivals to Kenya and returning Kenyan citizens residing outside Kenya for a minimum of two years are permitted to import one auto duty-free if:
- The vehicle is more than three months old and has been registered in owner’s name for more than three months
- The vehicle is less than 2,500 cc
- The vehicle is not sold within 12 months of import
- Owner’s work permit has been approved (for first-time arrivals to Kenya)
- Owner is 18 years of age or older
- Documents required for vehicle importation:
- Import Declaration Form (IDF), Clean Report (IDF) and Clean Report Finding (CRF)
- Authority to import vehicle letter
- Log Book
- Certificate of Registration (indicate engine and chassis number, the first date of registration and engine capacity)
- Certificate of local value
- Passport (if issued within last two years, the old passport is also required)
- Customs C15 Form
- New autos require invoice bearing engine and chassis number
- Work Permit
- Import permit (must be obtained from the Veterinary Department at Kabete, Nairobi prior to shipping)
- Up-to-date Vaccination Certificate (from the country of origin, must be provided on arrival)
- Dogs and cats are exempt from VAT but are dutiable
- Birds and bird eggs are prohibited
To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717, or send any inquiries to our email address email@example.com.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Dubai Movers cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double-check with your local embassy or consulate.