Expats are generally made to feel very welcome in Austria, with its broadly relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Most areas of Austria including the major cities have relatively low crime figures and that high standards of living.
Another major advantage the country office is the opportunity for work particularly to skilled workers such as teachers, engineers IT, finance and medical professionals. Though the regulations relating to work visas are stringent.
Austria is considered an important global destination. Austria is famous for its castles, palaces and buildings, among other architectural works . Dubai Movers provides you with excellent services in the shipment of commercial goods, furniture, household and personal items, as well as shipping services from Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and all UAE cities to most cities in Austria.
Shipping options from Dubai to Austria
Dubai Movers cargo provides sea freight to most of the ports in Austria, whether the shipments are commercial or personal. Our local agents, located in most Australian cities, have extensive experience in customs clearance and delivery to you wherever you are in Austria. Dubai Movers also offers air freight from Dubai to most airports in Austria.
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory (3 copies)
- Residence registration form (primary residence)
- Original Austrian Customs forms (ZBefr2a)
- Original power of attorney
- Duty-free permit, if applicable
- Invoices for all new furniture, appliances, gifts, and objects of art / antiques (2 copies)
- Exit certificate / certificate of stay abroad for at least 12 months (confirmation from the local authority of the previous residence, confirmation by employer or other official proof)
- ZBefr2a form for returning Austrains, EU citizens, and immigrants who have lived in the EU.
- ZBefr2 form for someone who has never lived in the EU before.
- Zbefr1 form for diplomats
- Owners of the goods who have lived in the European Union prior to import may need a permit for the duty-free importation of household goods and personal effects (“Grundlagenbescheid”) available at the Customs office nearest to the residence.
- Only used goods personally owned and used for at least 6 months by the owner of the goods and are intended for use in the country may be imported.
- Removal goods can be imported into Austria duty free within 12 months from the change of residence.
- After Customs clearance, the removal goods are prohibited for 12 months from sale or transfer unless Customs duties are paid.
- Contact destination agent to confirm necessity of a duty-free permit.
- Vehicle title / registration
- Vehicle papers (type certificate)
- Invoice / purchase order
- Form T1, if applicable
- For the import of a motor vehicle all owners of the goods need Grundlagenbescheid.
- The shipment is free of duties only in connection with a move.
- Vehicles must be in use and possession of the owner of the goods for at least 6 months in the origin country.
- A tax called “Normverbrauchsabgabe” (NOVA) or a standard consumption tax (between 8 and 14% of the actual value) must be paid at the time of registration.
- NOVA is calculated on the average gas consumption of the individual model.
- The owner of car must have lived outside the EC for at least 12 months.
- The vehicle must be cleared separate from the household goods and personal effects.
- After Customs clearance, motor vehicles including automobiles, motorcycles, motor scooters, and mopeds cannot be sold or transferred unless Customs duties and VAT are paid.
- A separate Customs clearance at a qualified Customs office is required (not every Customs office is authorized for Customs clearance).
- If the owner of the goods is arriving to Austria via personal vehicle, an application should be made to the Austrian Frontier Customs Office for a Form T1.
- Certificate of vaccination
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pets may be imported free of duties.
- Cats and dogs may be imported without prior authorization; contact agent for information on the import of other animals.
- Firearms (an official permit is required)
- Pump guns
- Spirits, cigarettes, tobacco, perfumes for personal consumption (an import permit is required).
- Antiques, if over 100 years of age are duty free but subject to value added tax (VAT) in addition to Customs duties and taxes (a certificate of appraisal from an Austrian expert is generally required
- New furniture, appliances, gifts, souvenirs, and objects of art / antiques are subject to duties and taxes (a certificate of circulation of goods and import permit are required, where applicable).
- Plants and plant products (a plant protection certificate is required)
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.