Your Move Our Commitment

+ 9714 3306717
Sat- Thur: - 9.00 - 20.00

Moving from Dubai to Canada

Moving from Dubai to Canada

Since 1890, when the business was founded in Germen by Jeorge Vital Bin
Truckpress has grown into one of the world's leading logistics providers.
Read More Get Quote

Moving from Dubai to Canada

Moving from Dubai to Canada: Even though Canada is the border of the US but still, you need to follow the customs regulation, and here you need the services of Dubai Movers. We are always here to assist you while you are moving abroad.moving from dubai to canada

We always guarantee stress-free movement if you are going cross-border. We take complete responsibility for your relocation process rather it is documentation requirements or custom clearance we will do everything for your successful relocation.

While moving your home our team will keep the track of all the arrangements done by our crew. We usually do this to reduce the complaints.

Here are some important elements that you need to know about moving to Canada with Dubai Movers international moving services:

  • You must be present when your shipment clears Customs in Canada. Your driver will make arrangements to meet you at the Customs office closest to your delivery address. If you are not present to clear Canada Customs, the goods will be “held in bond” by Canada Customs.
  • All boxes you have packed yourself must be labeled as “Packed by Owner” along with the contents listed and numbered on the outside of the carton.
  • Make sure that your required personal identification for each family member is up to date.
  • Check with Canada Customs concerning the import of food, liquor, tobacco, pets, plants, and firearms. Prohibited items include protected wildlife and any goods made from endangered species, explosives, ammunition, fireworks, and pyrotechnics.
  • Do not include any food or beverages in your shipment as they may cause delays in clearing your shipment through Canada Customs.

Required Documentation:

Each document listed below should be copied and provided to your agent before your move.

U.A.E citizens moving to Canada require:

  • A Canadian work visa and confirmation of residence status for each family member traveling with you.
  • Valid passport or birth certificate for each family member traveling with you.
  • Two copies of a detailed inventory list of all items being shipped and the value of each
  • Two copies of a list of items that are arriving at a later date and their value (if applicable)
  • Letter from new employer indicating the validity of the transfer

Canadian citizens returning to Canada from U.A.E requires:

  • A valid passport or birth certificate and photo identification for each family member traveling with you.
  • Two copies of a detailed inventory list of all items being shipped and their value.
  • Two copies of a list of items that are arriving at a later date and their value (if applicable).

Dubai Movers is a Professional Squared with a proven track record and extensive experience in managing customers in the business of removal and packing throughout the UAE and Canada.

To ask more about our company please use the form available on our contact page, give us a call at +97143306717, or send any inquiries to our email address

Moving From Dubai To Canada Guide

Used Household Goods and Personal Effects

Documents Required

  • Copy of passport (photo page only)
  • Proof of residency abroad for at least 12 months (bank statements, utilities, rent receipts, income tax statement, etc. for the first and last month of the 12-month period) (returning citizens)
  • Detailed inventory/packing list in English or French
    • The owner of goods should be prepared to provide a valued inventory if requested.
  • Receipts for new items
  • Personal effects accounting document (form BSF186 formerly known as form B4)
  • Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
  • Liquor permit, if applicable
  • Immigration papers, if applicable
  • Work permit/student visa holders, if applicable
  • Proof of residence in Canada (copy of deed/sales agreement/lease agreement) (seasonal residents)
  • Copy of death certificate (import of inheritance items)
  • Copy of will or letter from the executor of an estate (import of inheritance items)
  • Obligation for privilege from the Canadian Ministry of External Affairs (diplomats)

Specific Information

  • The owner of the goods must be present for Customs clearance or use a licensed Customs broker to handle the clearance on their behalf.
  • Returning Canadians may import household goods and personal effects duty-free under the following conditions:
    • The goods were owned and used by the owner of the goods for at least 6 months prior to importation.
    • The owner of the goods lived abroad for a minimum of 12 months.
      • If the owner of the goods lived abroad for a period greater than 5 years, the owner of the goods is exempt from the 6-month ownership rule.
    • The goods must still be owned and used and the shipment does not include goods that are for resale or otherwise disposed of within 12 months of importation.
  • Shipments must be declared to Customs at the port of entry (POE) (airport/U.S-Canada border) when the owner of the goods arrives in Canada.
    • Customs will then issue documents needed for Customs clearance:
      • BSF186 personal effects accounting document
      • BSF715 casual goods accounting document.
    • The owner of the goods must present a list of items to be imported.
    • It is recommended that a copy of the packing list/inventory be hand-carried for presentation to Customs.
    • Customs may request a value on the shipment (returning citizens).
  • For immigrants and holders of work/students visas, the goods must be owned and used prior to importation and the shipment must not include goods that are to be sold or otherwise disposed of 12 months after importation for duty-free import.
  • Any single item of household goods or personal effects, including automobiles, that were acquired after March 31, 1977, and are valued at more than $10,000 are subject to regular duty and taxes on the excess amount.
    • Seasonal residents may import household items and personal effects duty-free under the following conditions:
      • The shipment can include household furniture and furnishings for a seasonal residence, excluding construction, materials, electrical fixtures, or other goods permanently attached to or incorporated into a seasonal residence and tools and equipment for the maintenance of a seasonal residence.
      • The goods must have been owned and used prior to arrival.
      • The goods cannot be sold for at least 12 months.
      • The goods are for the personal use of the owner of the goods or their family and are not for any commercial, industrial or occupational purpose.
      • Proof of purchase or a copy of a lease agreement is required for any person who is not a resident of Canada but owns a residential property or has leased a residence for at least 3 years for personal use.
      • Only one shipment of this type is allowed.
  • The copy of the will or letter from the executor of an estate must state that the owner of the goods is the beneficiary of the named items for duty-free import (duty-free inheritances).
  • Diplomats can import household goods and personal effects duty and tax-free.
  • The Canadian Government adopted ISPM-15 (International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures Publication 15) Guidelines for Regulating Wood Packaging Material in International Trade (aka NIFM-15) to standardize the treatment of wood packing materials used for the transport of goods.
  • ISPM -15 requires that wood packaging either be heat-treated or fumigated with methyl bromide and marked with the internationally recognized International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) mark, or in lieu of the mark, the consignment must be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate specifying the treatment used.
Dubai movers, local movers in Dubai, office movers in dubai,Moving Services Dubai, Furniture movers in Dubai,

Motor Vehicles

Documents Required

  • Copy of passport (photo page only)
  • Original proof of ownership (can be sent with the vehicle)
  • OBL
  • Previous registration
  • Proof of insurance
  • Must pass Canadian safety and pollution standards test

Specific Information

  • The car must comply with Canadian standards.
  • All vehicles are inspected by the Canadian Agricultural Inspection Agency upon arrival in Canada.
  • The vehicle must be owned and used for more than 6 months in order to qualify for tax and duty relief.
  • For returning residents, a tax and duty exemption is applied to the first $10,000 of the vehicle’s value.
    • Anything in excess of $10,000 will be charged applicable duty and taxes.
  • For work permit/student visa holders, duty and tax will be waived for the duration of the permit.
    • The vehicle will be imported on a temporary basis for the duration of the work permit/student visa and must be re-exported upon departure from Canada.
  • All cars/motorbikes should be clean on arrival and free of any soil or containments.
  • It is recommended to include proof of cleaning (receipts) with the shipping documents.
    • Steam cleaning may be required.
  • The vehicle cannot contain household goods and personal effects items.
  • Motor vehicles imported into Canada cannot be licensed in Canada unless cleared through Canadian Customs.


Documents Required

  • Vaccination record
  • Veterinary health certificate

Specific Information

  • The veterinary health record certificate must identify the animal by breed, age, gender, and color.
  • Check with the agent for specific information prior to import.

Antiques, Artifacts, Carpets, Paintings

  • No documents are required if the items are part of the household effects shipment.
  • Proof of age will be required if the item is over 100 years old.
  • The items are permitted duty-free entry if the following conditions are met:
    • The works of art are part of a bona fide household removal.
    • The works of art are not for sale or another disposal.
  • Antiques and works of art imported into Canada for resale, are subject to different regulations.

Wedding Trousseau / Gifts

  • Wedding “trousseau” means goods acquired for use in the household of a newly married couple, but does not include vehicles, vessels, or aircraft; wedding “gifts” means goods of a non-commercial nature received by a person as personal gifts in consideration of that person’s recent marriage or the anticipated marriage of that person within three months of the person’s return to Canada.
  • Wedding trousseau and gifts may be imported duty and tax-free providing:
    • A bride’s trousseau/gifts owned by, in the possession of, and imported by a recently married person or a bride-to-be whose anticipated marriage is to take place within 3 months of the date of her return to Canada or has taken place no more than 3 months prior to arrival in Canada.

Restricted/Dutiable Items

  • Alcohol (a detailed list including type, size, and quantity is required and an import permit must be obtained prior to importation; duties and taxes apply)
    • Import permits must be obtained from the Provincial Liquor Control Board.
  • Do not ship wine between October 1 and March 31 to avoid the possibility of freezing.
  • Tobacco products are subject to duties and taxes.
  • Foodstuffs can cause extensive delays / additional charges (importation is discouraged)
  • Meat (authorization is required; importation is discouraged)
  • Pornographic materials
  • New items (a bill of sale may be required by Customs)
  • Hunting trophies (restrictions apply, especially for endangered species; a CITES Certificate may be required; check with the agent before shipping).
  • Firearms (strict regulations apply; check with agent for details)
  • Any one item valued at $10,000 or over is subject to duties and taxes.

Prohibited Items

  • Live plants
  • Narcotics, drugs, incitements
  • Fruits and vegetables
  • Live ammunition and explosives
Call Now
Call Now Button